African Child Care foundation (ACCF) is a non-profit organization that works with orphans, homeless and other vulnerable children in Africa. ACCF is committed to restore hope and give future for millions of African children who have been abused or abandoned; orphaned by HIV/AIDS, living in poverty and war throughout Africa. ACCF runs various programs such as Educational program, Feeding scheme, Clean and safe water supply, housing program, Medical/healthcare program, Family strengthening program and Life skills development program. The programs are designed to cater for vulnerable children in Africa where the need is immense as children die of hunger and diseases everyday.
- To provide a platform for educational empowerment, especially the underprivileged children in rural communities of Africa, and with special focus to significantly raise literacy levels of less privileged children.
- To give vulnerable children/orphans in Africa hope for a better future through programs that encourage alleviation of poverty and eradication of diseases, providing basic health services, protecting and helping children achieve their full potential in life.
- To engage in various humanitarian works/activities in order to improve the quality of life for disadvantaged children and orphans through provision of nutritious food, medicines, clean water, psychosocial support and safe living conditions/home.
- To protect and promote the rights of less privileged children in Africa, ensuring that they are free from commercial sexual exploitation, trafficking, child labour which vulnerable children are susceptible to in their dilapidated environment.
- To strengthen families living in extreme poverty by offering them knowledge and skills they need to increase their income in a sustainable manner so they can cater for themselves and their children.
- To promote cultural activities nationally and internationally in order to facilitate and establish integration among children with different ethnic backgrounds.
- To catalyze a global partnership to make resources available to achieve these goals.
Overview of Children Statistics
- 28 million children die from easy curable diseases each year
- 17 million children die from malnutrition and starvation each year
- 10 million children are involved in the sex industry
- 100 million children are on the streets
- 200 million are child labourers
- 1.4 million children under the age of 15 are living with HIV
- 19,000 African children die daily from easily curable diseases
- 80% of children under the age of 15 living with HIV are African children
- 25% of African children between the ages of 10 and 14 are involved in labour
Just imagine the dreadful children statistics presented above. These fatal diseases and horrifying conditions are not caused by children. ACCF works to increase funding and ensure it is spent effectively so all children have the health care, education, food, and protection they need to grow up safely and healthy.
ACCF supports the following activities in Africa
- Education: community schools and educational support (school fees, school supplies, uniforms etc.)
- Health: HIV/AIDS palliative care, home-based care kits, feeding programs, medical clinics
- Infrastructure: well construction/safe water supply, expansion/renovation and building of new schools and residential facilities
- Community-based care: support to orphan caregivers and households caring for orphans and day care centres
- Emergency Relief: immediate support to children and communities affected by humanitarian and political crisis
Through sponsorship you can help to give a child a better future. The need is immense and for just $15 per month you can provide for the needs of a child in education, or for $20 a month you can provide full support for an orphan child. You will change the life of a child in Africa if you sponsor a child or make a donation. Please click here to sponsor a child or make a general donation.